DOG BITE INJURY LAWYERS
24 / 7 Service
Dog Bite Attorneys standing by to help you or a loved one
No Fee Promise
Our services are 100% free if we don’t recover for you
We will come to you
No need to come to us, we will come to you
Team of Accident Investigators
Expert investigators to help with your case
We Have Helped 100’s of
people like you
Proven Experience with satisfied clients
If you have been bitten by a dog in Chicago or in another city in Illinois and need legal representation for your injuries, we invite you to contact us today.
Owning dogs can truly enrich people’s lives, and they are often considered valuable members of the family. Unfortunately, some owners do not provide the care and training required to temper their dogs’ behavior and actions. The Chicago dog bite injury lawyers of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers encourage responsible dog ownership, but also believe that owners are obligated to provide compensation to anyone harmed by their animals. We’ve also found that in more cases than not, the aggressive and ruthless actions of a dog are a reflection of the treatment it has received from its owner. Seeking restitution is one of the most effective ways to punish abusive or irresponsible owners.
Dog Attacks Leave Marks on the Body and Psyche
Everyone knows a friend or relative that is deathly afraid of dogs and other wild animals, and this fear often stems from a violent experience with a dog at a young age. The impact of an attack can leave physical and psychological scars. Some victims suffer from anxiety or post-traumatic stress disorder while others must cope with the visible appearance of scars that diminish their appearance and are the source of ridicule. Injuries suffered in dog attacks include the following:
- Puncture wounds and lacerations that have an increased risk of infection due to the microbes found in the animal’s saliva.
- Deep tissue and nerve damage, which may result in physical impairment.
- Unsightly scars that require years of surgical procedures to repair.
- Emotional distress due to the appearance of scars, fear of being subject to another attack or post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Broken and shattered bones or joints. Bites are not the sole form of attack and dogs may knock victims over or the victims may become injured in an attempt to flee from the aggressive animal.
Why You Should Seek Legal Representation for an Illinois Dog Attack
Many victims of dog attacks are reluctant to contact an attorney out of fear that their case will not be successful, and they will incur excessive legal fees. Others simply don’t understand their rights after being bitten by another person’s dog. Some of the reasons that you should consult a Chicago dog bite attorney after being attacked include the following:
- The cost of treating your wounds may become extensive, especially if you require numerous surgical procedures and suffer from impairment. The inability to return from work or needing to alter your lifestyle after being attacked take a toll on your finances and emotional health. By seeking compensation for your injuries, you will alleviate some of the stress and recover the cost of your past and future medical bills so that you can move on with your life.
- By doing nothing, you may be opening the door for the dog to attack others. Irresponsible dog owners are a menace and make the public wary of anyone who owns pets. When reckless dog owners are held accountable for their actions, they are discouraged from repeating them.
- There is little risk involved in launching an investigation and filing a claim. Certain attorneys such as our legal team at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers pledge not to collect fees unless they are able to recover damages for their clients. This is to protect you from incurring crippling attorneys’ fees in the event your case is lost.
In addition to the above benefits, our injury law firm has access to resources that will help you with your physical and emotional recovery. We rely on medical experts, social workers and others in relevant fields to help us conduct our investigations, and can also depend on these professionals to provide you with the medical care and ongoing support that you will need throughout your recovery. For us, representing your needs goes beyond taking your case to court and we want to help you in any way we possibly can so that you can focus on treating your wounds and returning to your life.
Contact our Chicago dog bite injury lawyers today to arrange a free consultation so that we can collect the information needed to get to work on your behalf. If you are unable to meet with us at one of our offices throughout the Chicago area, we’ll be happy to come to you. Our office is proud to represent people from across Illinois.
- $600,000 Policy Limits, Child Attacked by Pit Bull
- $475,000 Hand Mauling Incident
- $450,000 Facial Scarring
- $415,000 Woman Attack by Dog on Stairway
- $389,900 Bicyclist Attacked by Doberman
- $300,000 Arm and Leg Scarring
- $259,000 Mediation Award to Child Bitten at Park
- $250,000 Fractured Leg when Attempting to Evade Dog
- $199,000 Injury to Nose with Reconstructive Surgery
- $150,000 Scarring to Boy’s Legs
- $100,000 Policy Limit Recovery
Don’t Take Our Word for It
Hear what others think of us
If you are injured by a dog, these are the guys you want on your side.
I can’t say enough positive things about my experience with Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, they were honest, professional and got results.
I am grateful for the work done on behalf of my son. I know there is no way I could have gotten a recovery like that on my own.
This office went above and beyond to help. I feel blessed to have them.